People with 3C hair have extremely tight curls that are only a step higher than the actual roll.
Type 3 hair is naturally curled and shaped like an “S.” Curls of type 3C are tighter and much curlier than those of other types.
It looks great, but your 3C hair is the hardest to grow and most likely to be prone to breakage owing to its texture. Therefore, the best hair growth oil for 3C hair will be the must-have item for your hair growth.
Since the spirals make it difficult for the hair’s natural products to reach each strand from the root, your hair strand will become dry as you get closer to the ends, even though your scalp is oily.
While it may seem that all hair growth products are created equal and will suit most curl types, this is not the case. Not all fats are suitable for natural hair.
Here are some of the best ones you should know if you’re looking for extra moisture, shine, or growth in your 3C hair.
Which Oil Is The Best For 3C Hair Growth?
It’s critical to employ natural oils as a support for your 3C hair care.
However, it can be a long-winded journey to know which natural ingredient is the best hair growth oil for 3C hair because of the countless products available to select.
If you don’t have time to read all of the reviews, the list below will help.
One of the most popular components for hair growth is coconut oil. It not only promotes hair growth but also makes your hair healthy, soft, and lustrous and moisturizes your skin.
Coconut oil, which is high in vitamin E and antioxidants, can also be used as a conditioner. It also protects the scalp and the hair from heat damage and repairs the strands. Your hair will look better, and your scalp will be healthier.
Its high fatty acid content allows it to penetrate deep into the 3C hair follicles and not evaporate because 3C hair is easy to dry and hard to penetrate. Carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals are also present to complement the hair conditioning process, benefiting 3C hair health.
Not all coconut oils are created equal, and health effects can differ depending on virgin coconut oil extracted from fresh ripe coconuts without high heat or chemicals during processing.
For the best health outcomes, those who use coconut oil should select the least processed variety – medical advice from Medical News Today.
- Stimulates hair growth
- Keeps hair stable, soft, and shiny
- Usable as a conditioner
- Rich in antioxidants and vitamin E
- Greasy hair if applied too generously
- Leaves white residue
Mizani 25 Miracle Nourishing Oil.
People extract Argan oil from the seeds of the Argan tree and keep it unprocessed primarily. It has recently taken the beauty world by storm as it benefits both hair and skin.
Argan oil’s phenols and vitamins help hair follicles grow and stay strong by containing antioxidants that help cells grow. It encourages hair growth and aids in the development of thick, healthy hair.
Argan oil is rich in fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E, and its nickname is “gold liquid” due to its deep yellow color. It hydrates and moisturizes the skin, restores damaged hair, and shields hair follicles from further damage caused by heat and UV rays, especially with split ends.
These oils are a bit thicker than other natural oils, so they are great for moisturizing thick and frizzy curls like 3C hair.
Another benefit is that it does not cause excessive greasiness in the hair.
- Moisturizes hair
- Boosts hair follicle regeneration
- Protects hair from heat and UV rays
- Treats split ends
- Not recommended for use with wet hair
- Must be mixed with other components
Love Beauty & Planet Lavender & Argan Natural Oils Infusion.
The vitamins in jojoba oil are beneficial for both curly hair and the scalp in general. More specifically vitamins B and C, zinc and copper present in jojoba oil help nourish hair and support hair growth.
Especially the Zinc in jojoba is necessary for the growth of hair tissues, promotes the growth of the follicles and keeps the oil glands around them working properly.
Since the scalp of people with natural 3C curly hair is very prone to flaking and dandruff, this is the best solution to moisturize, condition, and add shine to curly hair without dandruff.
When you apply oil before shampooing, it acts as a protective barrier, preventing substances like sulfates from depleting your hair’s natural oils because 3C hair is very prone to losing its balance with natural oils.
In addition, it also has some similar properties with sebum, the natural discharge of the scalp; thus, jojoba is beneficial for the moisture balance of the hair 3C.
- A great moisturizer
- Possesses some healing properties
- Adds shine to hair
- Helps hair follicles grow faster
- Hair loss and dandruff reduction
- Very dangerous to consume orally
- Almost no smell to distinguish
Cantu Shea Butter & Jojoba Oil.
Almonds are excellent for hair and skin. It contains the most vitamin E and fatty acids, proteins, and the antioxidant magnesium, which helps hair growth and prevents breakage.
You can use it on hair and skin, especially people with dry skin and dry curly hair.
Almond oil is the most effective solution for all hair types, especially 3C hair because this type of curly hair is frizzier and easier to brittle.
It is rich in necessary nutrients such as fatty acids, protein, antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin E, and other vitamins.
- Rehydrates the skin
- Moisturizes locks
- Prevents hair loss and breakage
- Stimulates fast hair growth
- Potentially causes allergic reactions
- Not compatible with heat styling after using
Aunt Jackie’s Frizz Rebel Natural Growth Oil.
Olive is a multi-purpose component that is both protective and moisturizing. For best results, you should choose herbal, extra virgin products.
It is one of the most beneficial oils for curly hair, primarily type 3C, because type 3C hair contains tight curls, which causes natural oils from the skin to move slowly to the hair shaft, leaving hair dry and easily damaged.
Olive oil is rich in vitamin E, promoting hair growth, and the oil’s oleic acid, which retains moisture. It hydrates the scalp, nourishes the roots, and encourages hair growth.
It further benefits your S-shaped hair typeo due to its excellent moisturizing properties. Oil coats the hair shaft, protecting it from breakage and heat damage.
Its antioxidant material protects the hair’s natural keratin and acts as a natural conditioner.
- Gives hair a lustrous texture and softens hair
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Contributes against dandruff
- Protects hair from heat
- Can clog the pores on the scalp
- Avoid overuse
Originals Ultimate X-virgin Olive Oil Stimulate Growth.
In-depth Reviews of Top 5 Best Hair Growth Oils for 3C Hair
Let’s take a look at each of the best hair growth oils for 3C hair to see what their benefits and drawbacks are, as well as how they can help you repair and care for your 3C hair.
Mizani 25 Miracle Nourishing Oil – Best Overall
- Ingredients: Raw coconut oil, olive, sunflower, and jojoba
- Lightweight formula with 25 benefits for skin and hair
- 99% biodegradable
- The highly favorable light coconut scent
Best for 3C hair:
3C hair is soft to the touch, but it is prone to frizz, dryness, and breakage, slowing hair development.
It is also more delicate than other hair types and dries out considerably faster. Because sebum from the scalp does not directly affect the path down the hair strands, it is not uniformly dispersed throughout the hair due to ringlet blockage.
Coconut ingredients in this Mizani product help add shine and softness to hair strands. Jojoba moisturizes and repairs damage to the skin, and sunflower seed boots the hair growth effectively. Because of those oils’ weight, capacity in boosting hair growth, and protecting the hair from losing humidity, it is perfect for 3C hair.
Apply it as a finish to control frizz, even when removing kinks and braids, or mix directly into any Mizani deep conditioning treatment for optimum hair growth and moisturizing benefits.
This product absorbs quickly and is 99% biodegradable, so it’s good for your hair and the environment.
Use it daily for the best results.
How to use:
- For extra moisture and shine, rub it between your palms and roll it into your inner curls.
- Rub it on your wet hair for the best results.
- All you need is two drops, not more. Excessive use will cause greasy-looking hair that smells overpowering.
- Apply from the ends of the hair to the roots, whether wet or dry.
Pros & Cons:
- Promotes 3C hair growth
- Ability to lock moisture
- Increases shine and help control 3C hair’s frizziness
- Penetrates deeply and absorbs quickly on 3C hair strands
- If used too much, the hair will have a strong smell and become sticky.
Love Beauty & Planet Lavender & Argan Natural Oils Infusion – Best For Heat Curling 3C Hair
- Infused with 97 percent naturally derived golden argan oil
- Cruelty-free, dye-free, paraben-free, and phthalate-free
- The delightful smell of lavender
Best for heat curling 3C hair:
Type 3 hair may experience retardation due to the use of chemical-laden products. Parabens, polymers, and sulfates are common ingredients in hair care products and can leave residue on the scalp.
This residue can clog hair follicles, hindering the growth of curly hair. Hair can become more frizzy as a result. Furthermore, these chemicals deplete the hair’s natural oils, resulting in dry, unhealthy, and ingrown hair.
Love Beauty & Planet Lavender & Argan Natural Oils Infusion is a luxurious oil blend with natural ingredients, free of harmful substances and parabens. It provides moisture to the hair, helps your hair to grow and be dewy, soft and shiny.
It is infused with Moroccan argan oil which is popular as the main ingredient in hair cosmetics because of its excellent ability to keep hair moisturized and hydrophobic. Tocopherols and polyphenols, potent antioxidants, are abundant in argan oil, according to an expert from PVC.
For those with dry, brittle, curly, or coarse hair, argan oil is a must. If you often use heat-generating devices such as straighteners, curlers, and dryers to style your hair, this is a divine solution.
It also calms the spirit and mind with a gentle fragrance of native French lavender.
This hair infusion is ideal when applied to wet or dry hair before or after showering.
How to use:
- Cover your hair in a towel and let it stay overnight before washing it in the morning if possible to enable the product’s deep penetration.
- Since argan is a nut, users have confirmed some cases of anaphylaxis so that allergies might be a potential side effect.
Pros & Cons:
- Calms frizzy 3C hair
- Relaxing lavender scent
- Helps keep 3C curls in place
- Nurtures heat-damaged 3C hair
- Should not be used on wet hair
Cantu Shea Butter & Jojoba – Best For Dandruff 3C Hair
- Ingredients: Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Dextrin, Palmitate, Ethylhexanoate
- Vegan and sulfate-free
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- The fresh and pleasant coconut scent
Best for Dandruff 3C hair:
The scalp of people with naturally curly 3C hair is often drier and prone to flaking, leading to dandruff problems, so it is essential to maintain moisture in the hair strands and scalp.
In most cases, dandruff doesn’t directly cause hair loss, but it can cause itching and scratching, leading to flaking of the scalp and hair loss.
It also can cause damage to your hair follicles. Furthermore, dandruff can worsen hair loss in people with androgenetic alopecia, a disorder that causes male and female pattern baldness.
One of the products people should use to prevent dandruff damage and boost 3C hair growth is Cantu Beauty’s Tea Tree & Jojoba Hair & Scalp Oil.
This oil is best for those who want to grow 3C hair and get rid of dandruff because jojoba is rich in zinc and selenium, two substances that major brands commonly use in their anti-dandruff shampoos.
The oil’s antifungal properties can also contribute to getting rid of dandruff, as it is one reason for the fungal scalp.
Since it has a thicker consistency, customers who have used it do not recommend squeezing directly from the bottle onto your scalp. It’s highly advisable to put a small amount in your palms instead.
How to use the hair growth oil:
- Using too much can make hair sticky, heavy, and greasy.
- If you have trouble removing the substance from the bottle, rinse it under warm/hot water.
- Use as scalp conditioner: Divide hair into sections to expose scalp, apply the product, and massage scalp with fingers.
Pros & Cons:
- Prevents dandruff and buildups
- Softens 3C hair strands and scalp well
- Stimulates 3C hair growth and moisturizes the scalp
- The clean and pleasant coconut smell
- Tough to get it out of the bottle because of the thick texture
Aunt Jackie’s Frizz Rebel Natural Growth Oil – Best For Dull 3C Hair
- Ingredients: Castor seed, soybean, avocado, and grape seed oil
- Crucial-free, alcohol-free, paraben-free, oil-free, sulfate-free
- Suitable with: curly hair, coarse hair, damaged hair, dry hair
- Anti-poof formula
- Ability to penetrate deep into hair follicles
- Flattering coconut and sweet almond scent
Best for dull 3C hair:
If your 3C hair is dehydrated or has a combination of tighter, highly porous textures, try this coconut and almond-infused hair product, penetrating and sealing cuticles to moisturize the hair deeply and promote hair growth.
Coconut and sweet almond in Aunt Jackie’s Frizz Rebel Natural Growth Oil are carrier oils that penetrate deeply, smoothing and softening hair while trapping moisture, shine, and nutrients throughout the hair shaft.
This anti-frizz oil combination is enriched with Vitamin E, Vitamin B, and Vitamin D, strengthening hair, promoting hair growth and maintains scalp health for 3C hair type.
It is suitable for people with damaged or dull 3c hair and those deficient in omega-3 fatty acids because these fatty acids do a great job in supporting 3C hair growth while adding shine and shine to the hair.
Adding the right amount of omega-3 in your meals or hair products will minimize cases of itchy, dry, flaky scalp that create dandruff or hair loss.
Bear in mind not to combine Aunt Jackie’s growth product with any hair oil brand else, but it is acceptable within Aunt Jackie’s brand since the product lines are similar.
How to use:
- If you are a fan of the LOC system (leave-in conditioner), spread it evenly to wet hair after shampooing or massage it into the scalp as a special pre-dry treatment.
Pros & Cons:
- Revives dull hair thanks to the rich fatty acids
- Packed with beneficial vitamins
- Thickens and boosts 3C hair growth
- Moisturizes and softens 3C hair strands
- Activates 3C curls
- Need smell and heaviness improvement
Originals Ultimate X-virgin Olive Oil Stimulate Growth – Best For Damaged 3C Hair
- Ingredient: Extra virgin olive oil aroma
- Paraben-free and vegan
- Non-GMO Project Checked
- Comforting mild olive scent
Best for damaged 3C hair:
Since 3C hair is dry and easily damaged, extra care is needed. Olive is known for its high fatty acid and vitamin content, regenerating all hair types by moisturizing and nourishing the hair shaft from the inside out.
The olive oil extract in Originals Ultimate X-virgin Olive Oil Stimulate Growth also inhibits the production of one of the leading causes of hair loss: synthetic dihydrotestosterone.
This hormone weakens hair by attacking hair follicles. It helps promote healthy 3C hair growth significantly and reduces hair loss.
It also strengthens, shines 3C hair to a higher level.
This suggestion is the ideal one for those with damaged, dull, dry, or curly hair, as well as lots of dandruff.
You should use Originals Ultimate X-virgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil only once a week because it is much more oily than other oils.
How to use:
- To apply it, gently massage it into your thick curls with the palm of your hands and a comb.
- For best results, apply the product to your hair overnight.
Pros & Cons:
- Good moisturizer
- Very effective in rejuvenating damaged 3C hair
- Thickens and promotes 3C hair growth faster
- Also suitable for other body parts
- Itchy feelings when overused or used on scratched skin
When buying 3C hair growth oil, what should I pay attention to?
It’s best to read the ingredients in each hair growth product to know what’s in it. Avoid chemically modified components as much as possible and rely instead on natural ingredients such as the 5 oils I mentioned above.
Identify the one that might be best for your hair type and make your choices accordingly.
Lastly, instead of only relying on a store-bought product, make your own if you want to mix two or more drops. If you don’t like what you purchased, exchange it immediately.
What about 3C hair styling?
The curl patterns, textures, density, and size of each 3C hair are unique. Knowing which hair group your hair belongs to will help you make better choices when choosing styling and hair care products.
Excessive hair pulling is one of the most common reasons for hair loss. When you style your hair in a pull-up style, you put pressure on the hair follicles, making it easier for the hair to fall out.
When styling, be gentle and avoid using heat styling tools as they are highly damaging to your hair.
Box braids that are too small or twisted will pull on the roots, weakening the hair and possibly causing breakage and hair loss. Instead, try natural hairstyles like light buns, side buns, and braids with your hair and leave it overnight. Choose medium to large box braids over smaller styles to reduce hair loss.
Experts recommend using styling cream and butter for hair type 3C because of its fragile nature, requiring extra moisture and treatment.
When shopping for styling products for your 3C hair, look for products that contain a hold-in to help your curls stay in place longer and moisture to help structure and moisturize.
What is the 3C tip for hair growth?
- Low-impact styles, such as twists or braids, help maintain hair length and growth without exposure to heat, reducing the time you spend brushing your hair with your hands.
- Check the ingredients before buying any haircare product to make sure it’s sulfate-free. It is best to use a moisturizing shampoo, conditioner, and mask.
- Moisturizing your hair will support the growth of longer and healthier hair and heal dry and damaged ends.
We hope you could choose the best hair growth oil for 3C hair from the five choices presented above. Whichever method you use, make sure you do your due diligence and understand the condition of your hair.
In our opinion, Mizani 25 Miracle Nourishing Oil is the best overall for its multi-benefit formula for hair, skin, and nails and its impressive hair growth effects and eco-friendly.
If not, then the bottle of Aunt Jackie’s Frizz Rebel Natural Growth Oil is a good alternative with its super-fast hair growth ability.
Leave a Reply