You’ve probably incorporated oils into your skin and nails but have yet to add them to your strand care routine? If not, now is the time to get started!
For those with thin, damaged, split ends and brittle hair, the best hair oil recipe for growth is required to restore its strength and shine while reducing alopecia and stimulating hairiness. You will be satisfied when your hair is taken care of in the best way.
What Is The Best Natural Hair Growth Oil Recipe?
Organic coconut oil works wonders for frizzy strands, provides the moisture needed to prevent split ends and strengthens follicles. It also curbs baldness thanks to its fatty acids penetrating deep into the strands and strengthening its roots.
Coconut oil recipe for hair growth:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil with one egg yolk and add 1 tablespoon of honey for extra moisture. Whip the ingredients until smooth.
- After dividing your hair into sections, apply the mixture to your hair, then wear a shower cap to prevent the raw eggs from dripping.
- Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes, and then wash your hair with cool water.
You can use this hair mask twice per week for thicker hair growth. This formula will immediately provide moisture to the hair, penetrating deeply into each hair from root to tip, making hair thicker and stronger.
Argan oil stimulates hair growth, hydrates hair, reduces breakage, increases softness and protects strands from heat and harmful UV rays.
Argan oil recipe for hair growth:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of argan oil, 2 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, and a few drops of essential oil with your favorite scent. You can use a blender or put them in a pot, then put it on the stove and simmer until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- After that, apply this mixture evenly to hair, incubate for 15 – 30 minutes, and rinse.
This formula works to combat split ends, reduce hair loss and stimulate hair growth.
This stuff penetrates deeply into each hair shaft and acts as one of the most effective moisturizers. It provides nourishments to support the growth of new cells. Additionally, it reduces dandruff, thereby preventing baldness and protecting hair.
Jojoba oil recipe for hair growth:
- Simply mix 1 tablespoon of warm jojoba oil and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture evenly to the entire hair and scalp, and leave it for half an hour.
After washing your hair with warm water and shampoo, you will find that your hair is stronger. Your strands will recover quickly and grow considerably thicker with persistent use.
If you have curly but thin hair, this recipe is for you.
It adds moisture to the sideburns, making it ideal for dry, damaged, or color-treated hair.
This stuff contains vitamin E, and antioxidants. It also comes with plenty of magnesium, which effectively reduces breakage and promotes regrowth.
Almond oil recipe for hair growth:
- Mash up 1 medium banana, then mix it with a tablespoon of almond oil until it forms a paste.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, focusing on the ends and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- You can then wash and condition your hair as usual.
This mixture provides abundant amounts of potassium and vitamin E to the hair, giving your stronger, thicker, and smoother hair.
This is the traditional tonic used by Sudanese women for long and healthy strands. Containing beneficial fatty acids, it moisturizes the scalp thanks to its easy penetration.
Moreover, the anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties allow it to control dandruff and other infections on the scalp.
Karkar oil recipe for hair growth:
- Just puree an avocado, then mix it with 1 tablespoon of chebe powder and 1 tablespoon of karkar oil.
- Apply this mixture to your hair from root to tip, leave it in a plastic bag for 20 minutes, and then wash your hair as usual.
Your scalp and unhealthy hair will love this hair care recipe.
Lavender oil is known for its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, effectively fighting bacterial and fungal scalp infections. It also improves regrowth right from the follicles while hydrating and balancing sebum production on the scalp.
Lavender oil recipe for hair growth:
- Mix 5 drops of lavender essential oil and 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Apply to dry hair, and leave for 15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
Castor oil recipe is especially suitable for 4c type as it helps soften strands, lock in moisture, and boost regrowth. Moreover, it improves blood circulation for a healthy scalp – a prerequisite for longer and thicker hair.
Castor oil recipe for hair growth:
- Mix castor oil and coconut oil in a bowl in a 1:1 ratio, apply evenly to your hair and wait for about 30-45 minutes.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
If you need a product that stimulates regrowth, treats dandruff, and keeps your scalp healthy, this stuff can do wonders. The anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory ingredients collectively soothe the scalp and promote healthy growth.
Rosemary oil recipe for hair growth:
- Mix half a cup of coconut oil, olive oil with 10-15 drops of rosemary essential oil and 10-15 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Apply this mixture to your hair from root to tip, cover your hair with a shower cap and let the mixture stay on your hair overnight.
You can wash and rinse your hair the next morning and feel the difference: your hair is revitalized and stronger. Use this hair mask several times a week for best results.
In-Depth Reviews Of 5 Best Hair Oil Recipes For Growth
Each brand has its own benefits, so make sure you use the right product for your type. Here is a list of the best things for the health and growth of hair.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each product below to make the most suitable choice!
KarKar Oil Hair Growth Oil – Best For 4C Hair
- Ingredients: Virgin cold-pressed sesame seed oil, cow fat, beeswax, fragrance.
- Aroma: Slight smoky smell
Best for 4c type:
Are you a 4C-haired girl with tight curls in a zig-zag pattern? If yes, you need a highly moisturizing product like Karkar because yours is prone to breakage and dryness.
Originating from the Sudan region, this amazing product is made from a melted blend of sesame seed oil, beeswax, and tallow to form a nutrient-rich, thick tonic.
This pick contains magical ingredients like vitamins E and K, copper, manganese, magnesium, iron, and zinc. Thus, it is an impressive product for hair health as it provides high moisture and nutrients to thicken hair, eliminates dandruff, and prevents its fall.
You can expect to see smoother, thicker, and healthier 4C strands after just two weeks. And you will also be like the Sudanese women who are always proud of their thick and shiny sideburns.
Another advantage of this affordable treatment is that it is easy- and ready-to-use, no need to mix anything, and a little goes a long way.
However, some people will feel slightly uncomfortable with the smell of Karkar products.
How to use:
- Wash your hair clean, use a dry towel to wipe off the water
- Divide hair into four parts
- Evenly apply the product on each divided part from root to tip
- The oil should be used every 3-5 days
- Rich in moisture and nutrients
- Ready to use
- Slightly unpleasant smell to sensitive noses
Majestic Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil – Best For Safe Ingredients
- Ingredients: Castor seed oil
- Aroma: Subtle burnt wood smell
- Cruelty-free and not tested on animals
Best safe ingredients:
Made from 100% transparent and pure Jamaican black castor oil, extracted naturally by pressing seeds without using steam, this is a natural and safe recipe for regrowth.
Containing black castor oil – a benign ingredient that has been widely used in natural products for skin and hair, Majestic Pure’s item is hexane-free, toxin-free, and not tested on animals. Therefore, freely use it because it is safe for all types!
Thanks to its highly moisturizing and rapidly absorbing properties, this affordable brand is great for massaging the oily scalp, improving blood circulation, controlling baldness, and stimulating regrowth.
However, this pick is improper if you have thin and fragile hair, as it is very thick and heavy, and pulls it out when wet. Besides, some users commented that it smells like cigarettes, so you can add some little essential fragrance to it if you’re not into the smell.
How to use:
- Wash your hair, take a small amount of Castor oil in the palm of your hand or apply it directly to the scalp and hair.
- Gently massage the scalp. You can use a wide-tooth comb to evenly absorb nutrients into the hair within 15 minutes
- Cover your hair with a shower cap for at least 30 minutes, or leave it overnight
- Rinse your hair with clean water
- Castor oil can be mixed with coconut oil to increase the hair care effect
- Use this product twice per week for the optimal result
- All-natural ingredients
- Not processed product
- Reasonable price
- Doubles as a moisturizer for eyebrows and eyelashes
- Not suitable for thin and fragile hair
- Unpleasant smell
Aunt Jackie’s Natural Growth Oil – Best For Dry Hair
- Ingredients: Castor seed oil, soybean oil, coconut oil
- Aroma: Mildly nutty smell
Best for dry hair:
Those with chronically dry and brittle hair will be delighted to find their ideal product. This treatment entirely consists of castor oil – a well-known ingredient for its moisturizing properties, making it a solid solution to dryness.
This product is made from 100% natural cold-pressed seed oils, including castor seed and soybean, offering a potent anti-breakage formula without additives and dilutions.
Therefore, it improves strand condition, prevents baldness, and stimulates regrowth. After a short time applying it to your dry hair, you will feel the difference.
If you’re looking for something that’s odorless, then this item will make you hesitate a bit due to its mildly nutty smell. However, the smell is negligible, not to mention it makes for great benefits for your hair.
How to use:
- Wet your hair
- Apply the product to the scalp and hair, then massage the scalp gently for three minutes
- Leave the product on your hair for about 15 minutes, or even overnight, before washing your hair with shampoo
- After rinsing your head with water, you should apply a little oil to get the shine you want
- This product can be mixed with coconut oil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, and lavender oil, depending on your preference
- You can use it in your daily hair routine.
- 100% natural ingredients
- Rich in moisture
- Can be used for nails and skin
- Not ideal for low porosity hair
Natural Hair Growth Oil – Best For Sensitive Scalp
- Ingredients: Castor oil, caffeine, rosemary oil, and biotin
- Aroma: Mild scent
Best for sensitive scalps:
Want fast hairiness but have a sensitive scalp? This brand is the perfect choice for you!
All the pure and natural ingredients have been harmoniously combined to create a safe and amazing recipe for any hair and scalp type. Paraben-free, sulfate-free, and triclosan-free, this product is gentle, safe, yet incredibly effective!
What’s more? This treatment contains essential fatty acids, omega 6, minerals, vitamin E, and proteins that strengthen and lengthen strands.
Thanks to its natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, this stuff will restore the natural oil of the scalp and produce natural keratin to make hair smoother and stronger.
With a safe product without side effects and a pleasant scent, it’s not surprising that this pick is on the expensive side. However, considering the several benefits listed above, it will definitely become indispensable to your care routine.
How to use:
- Method 1: Apply a few drops to the scalp when the hair is wet, gently massage for about 5 minutes, leave overnight or at least 30 minutes before shampooing. Apply 2-4 times a week with this method
- Method 2: Mix a few drops of oil with shampoo and conditioner and wash your hair as usual
- Method 3: For African hair, divide your hair into 4 parts then do as the method 1.
- Method 4: Apply the product evenly on wet hair, wrap a hot towel around your hair for at least 10 minutes. Depending on the hair type, you can leave the oil on your hair longer or rinse it off with water.
- Benign ingredients
- Various essential nutrients and vitamins
- Nice smell
- Slightly pricey
Beautibe’s Hair Growth With Organic Oil – Best For Overall
- Key Ingredients: Rosemary essential oil, lavender essential oil, bergamot essential oil, castor oil, and argan oil
- Aroma: Odorless
- Certified Organic by the USDA and EcoCert
Best for overall:
Just by looking at the key ingredients of this product, it is no doubt that BeautiBe’s product does wonders for your hair, no matter what hair type you have.
This wonderfully concentrated care product treats alopecia and strengthens thinning strands. Additionally, it repairs split ends, fights frizz, and restores shine.
With an expertly formulated blend of cold-pressed and unrefined oils, hexane-free and botanical extracts, this formula is extremely safe for all types and textures. Whether you’ve got thick, coarse, chemically treated, natural, or curly hair, this oil’s got you covered.
In particular, containing vitamin E, omega-3, and omega-6, the argan oil recipe will hydrate the follicles and improve blood circulation in the scalp.
How to use:
- Divide your hair into 4 parts
- Spread a small amount of product evenly on each part, massage the scalp gently for 5 minutes
- Cover your hair with a shower cap for 10-20 minutes, or leave it overnight
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner as usual
- Use the product 1-2 times a week for to see noticeable results
- 100% organic ingredients
- Packed with essential vitamins and nutrients
- Works with any types
- Reasonable price
- Nice packaging and design
- Convenient to use
Frequently Asked Questions
If the information above is not enough, check out a few more frequently asked questions below:
What Is The Right Way To Wear Oil On Hair To Ensure Its Growth?
Natural oils need to be used regularly, possibly daily, or at least twice a week. You should warm this thing and smoothly massage your scalp for 5 – 10 minutes.
This helps increase blood flow to the roots. After that, you can steam or wrap a hot towel around your head to allow it to penetrate deep inside. Leave it on overnight or at least 20-30 minutes before washing your hair.
What Information Should I Keep In Mind When Buying Herbal Hair Tonic?
You should carefully research the ingredients, avoid chemically processed products, and choose brands with as many natural ingredients as possible. Knowing your type will be useful to choose the right product for the best effects.
In case you want to combine two or more stuff, make your own instead of choosing a product available in the store. If you use it and feel it doesn’t work, or unwanted reactions on the scalp occur, change to another brand without hesitation.
What Precautions Should Be Taken When Using Hair Tonic?
Oils should not be applied directly to hair or scalp as they can cause a burning sensation on some skin types, especially sensitive skin.
Always use them with carrier oils, such as organic coconut and olive oil, or mix them with your shampoo or conditioner.
If you first use these things for growth, try putting a dab on the skin near your elbow to check for any reactions.
No matter what issues you have: thinning hair, alopecia, or dandruff, there are several options with natural ingredients that can control your hair and promote its growth.
So what are you waiting for? Choose the best hair oil recipe for growth that best suits your type!
In case you need more advice from us, Beautibe’s Hair Growth With Organic Oil will be the best buy for its safety, effectiveness, and affordability.
Based on your type and its specific needs, you can choose the most suitable product among the rest without any difficulties.
- 1 What Is The Best Natural Hair Growth Oil Recipe?
- 2 In-Depth Reviews Of 5 Best Hair Oil Recipes For Growth
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion