If you have just got your hair curled, you should start thinking about the best products for permed hair. The nice curls that you have got need caring for and choosing the best shampoo for permed hair is the best way to do it. I have often seen women get their hair beautifully permed, only to lose them a few weeks later – all because of the lack of care.
- List of the Best Permed Hair Shampoo
- Top 10 Best Shampoo for Permed Hair
- 1. L’Oréal Paris EverCurl Shampoo & Conditioner Kit for Curly Hair:
- 2. Royal Locks Curl Cleansing Set | Shampoo and Curl Quench Conditioner:
- 3. Tresemme Flawless Curls – Curl Hydration With Vitamin B1:
- 4. Moroccanoil Curl Enhancing Shampoo:
- 5. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo:
- 6. Garnier Hair Care Fructis Curl Nourish Shampoo:
- 7. HASK COCONUT MILK + HONEY Shampoo and Conditioner:
- 8. TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock Curly Hair 12-ounce Shampoo:
- 9. Vitamins Keratin Shampoo Hair Treatment:
- 10. Pacifica Beauty Pineapple Curls Curl Defining Shampoo:
- What to Consider Before Buying the Best Permed Hair Shampoo?
- Why Should you Look for the Best Shampoo for Permed Hair?
List of the Best Permed Hair Shampoo
Top 10 Best Shampoo for Permed Hair
With the market being flooded with various permed hair shampoos, it is often difficult to make the right choice. The variety of options available can make things confusing for you which is where I come in. My professional and personal experience helps me pick the best from the lot so that you do not have to spend hours searching for the right product. Here I will list the ten best products for permed hair that I have personally liked:
1. L’Oréal Paris EverCurl Shampoo & Conditioner Kit for Curly Hair:
Have you been looking for a natural solution to your curly hair? Well, then you must try this particular combo of shampoo & conditioners for permed hair from L’Oreal Paris. This particular package is perfectly formulated to make your lifeless, brittle, and dry hair lively again. With regular use, you can expect your hair to be shiny, voluminous, soft, and curly for sure. It comes with coconut oil which provides the required hydration and maintains your hair for longer hours. This duo does not include any type of paraben product, sulfate, gluten, or dye that might affect your color-treated curly hair at all. With every wash, you can enjoy salon-fresh hair at home.
- Exceptional formula prepared with coconut oil.
- Ingredients are all natural which ensure proper nourishment for your hair.
- Effectively reduces frizz.
- Makes your hair easily manageable.
- Capable of moisturizing your dry, dull and brittle hair.
- Helps you retain your curls even after regular wash.
- Completely vegan product.
- No sulfate or paraben compounds added.
- Fragrance is mild and soothing.
- The smell might be a bit strong for a few.
- Does not really take care of your curls.
2. Royal Locks Curl Cleansing Set | Shampoo and Curl Quench Conditioner:
Royal Locks brings to you an all-natural formula that takes care of your locks at home. With a perfect combination of macadamia and argan oil, this shampoo nourishes your hair and protects it from getting dry and brittle. This is indeed one of the best shampoo for permed hair that you can choose to keep your curly, wavy hair intact. With regular use, it will keep your hair hydrating and will heal your hair as well. So, if you are looking for a hydrating, gentle cleansing formula, this is the perfect solution for sure.
Having frizzy hair is always problematic, but with this cleansing set, you will always be able to flaunt your curls without any frizz at all. On the other hand, this formula is designed for every type of hair. Because it does not contain any type of sulfate or paraben, anyone can use this formula, and get benefited even those having sensitive skin. Overall, this is a perfect natural package that will be able to provide you with the curly hair solution for sure.
- Capable of restoring your damaged and dry hair.
- Makes your hair strong and fresh.
- Cleans any type of oil and dirt buildup in your hair.
- Perfect formula for anyone having color treated permed hair.
- Efficient for any type of hair.
- Brings shine and volume to your hair.
- Smells really nice and makes your hair soft.
- No sulfate compound added to the formula.
- Price range is on a bit expensive side.
3. Tresemme Flawless Curls – Curl Hydration With Vitamin B1:
If you have color-treated curly hair then you must know that the most important issue you need to resolve is to make your hair hydrated and keep your curls intact for a longer duration. This is exactly where Tresemme comes in. This particular shampoo is a wonderful combination of Vitamin E & B1 which makes your hair hydrated with ease. If you use this particular shampoo on regular basis, you can certainly expect frizz-free, soft, and shiny hair. It helps you to keep your curls and makes your hair vibrant as well. It also adds glamor to your dull, dry hair and reduces frizz and dullness.
- Contains Vitamin E and B1 which nourishes your hair.
- Defrizz and detangles hair.
- Locks moisture to your curly hair effectively.
- Makes your hair soft and shiny.
- Does not really weigh down your curls.
- Perfect for any type of permed hair.
- Can be used by people with any type of hair.
- Definitely one of the affordable and best permed hair shampoos that you can buy.
- Contains some percentage of sulfate products.
4. Moroccanoil Curl Enhancing Shampoo:
Looking to buy a shampoo that will restore your shiny curls? Well, then it’s time that you switch to Moroccanoil Curl enhancing shampoo. It cleans your hair gently and leaves nice smooth and soft curls without any frizz at all. It’s a perfect combination of Abyssinian oil and vegetable protein which makes your hair bouncy, strong, and healthy. With the presence of Vitamin E, argan oil, antioxidants, and necessary fatty acids, you can expect to have smooth and well-nourished hair. The most important thing for anyone having curls is to keep their hair tangle-free. With this one of the best shampoos for permed hair, you can easily keep your hair curls intact and at the same time will be able to keep your hair healthy, nourished, and hydrated as well. If you use this shampoo on regular basis, you can also get rid of split ends effectively.
- Cleanses your hair gentle.
- Restores elasticity and shine to your hair efficiently.
- Makes your hair frizz free and highlights your curls significantly.
- Vegetable protein definitely adds to hair strength.
- Presence of Abyssinian and argan oil makes your hair shiny.
- Does not contain phosphate, paraben or sulfate products.
- Perfect for those having color treated hair.
- Smells really nice.
- Bit on expensive side.
5. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo:
Do you have color-treated curls in your hair? Are you looking for a shampoo that will keep your hair healthy yet cleanse your hair effectively? Well, this is exactly what this particular shampoo from Shea Moisture does. It’s a perfect combination of natural ingredients which not only makes your hair clean but also healthy. If you are looking to retain your silky soft curls, then this is the product that you need to choose. It’s enriched with natural products which efficiently protects your hair from getting damaged and maintains your natural hair. As the name suggests, it contains hibiscus flower extract which makes your hair smooth and soothing. Apart from that, it contains neem oil which is known to reduce frizz and deliver strong hair roots. The presence of organic shea butter also makes your hair incredibly smooth and soft.
- Easy to carry with you anywhere you want.
- Does not contain any type of harsh chemicals.
- Cruelty free product.
- Effective for any type of color treated curly hair.
- Makes your hair follicles strong.
- Nourishes your hair, hydrates them properly.
- Cleans your scalp and hair roots effectively to restore any hair damage.
- Makes your damaged hair soft, smooth and shiny.
- Tangle free and frizz free hair in no time at all.
- Zero split ends with regular use.
- It’s a bit greasy formula which you might not like.
6. Garnier Hair Care Fructis Curl Nourish Shampoo:
While choosing a curly hair shampoo you need to think about hydration, hair root health, and cleansing property. Garnier has come up with a 3 – in – 1 solution that offers you all the benefits that you need to maintain your curly hair. It keeps the natural moisture while hydrating your hair and keeping your hair clean as well. This shampoo is a perfect solution for those having frizzy hair and wish to keep the curls intact for a long duration. Because it does not contain any kind of harsh chemicals like parabens or silicones, people with sensitive skin might be able to use this shampoo as well. The presence of coconut oil, macadamia oil, jojoba oil, and other necessary natural ingredients make your hair strong, smooth, and healthy.
- Bouncy, shiny soft hair.
- Protects your curls.
- Detangles your hair.
- Provides necessary hydration to your hair.
- Affordable price range.
- Comes with conditioners for permed hair as well.
- Long lasting result.
- Smells really great.
- Not that effective if you have frizz in your hair.
7. HASK COCONUT MILK + HONEY Shampoo and Conditioner:
Using an organic shampoo is always good for your hair, especially when you have permed curly hair. If you are one of those having curly permed hair then you also have suffered finding the right solution to maintain your permed hair for sure. But you don’t need to worry anymore. Hask has come up with one of the best conditioners for permed hair along with honey and coconut milk infused shampoo that is color-safe and can keep your hair frizz-free, hydrated, and well-nourished as well. Once you start using this shampoo on regular basis you will experience the difference pretty soon. Not only manageable curls but also you can enjoy zero split ends, improved hair health, zero build-ups, and less dry hair. Apart from that, this formula being paraben and sulfate-free can be used by people with sensitive skin and can protect your curls efficiently irrespective of your hair type. It also brings back the lost shine in your hair with regular use.
- Presence of honey and coconut milk makes it nourishing and hydrating for your hair.
- This formula can repair and efficiently rejuvenate damaged and dry hair.
- Protects your curls.
- Can be used for color treated permed hairs.
- Makes your hair nourished, shiny and hydrated.
- Zero split ends with proper use.
- Removes any type of dirt build up.
- Does not any natural oils from your hair.
- Adds shine, volume and makes your hair bouncy.
- No paraben, sulfate or gluten or any other harsh chemical products included.
- Alcohol is one of the ingredients.
- Might not be suitable for people having dry hair.
8. TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock Curly Hair 12-ounce Shampoo:
TIGI brings to you one of the best shampoo for permed hair that effectively redefines your curls, detangles and defrizz your hair. With efficient hydration capability, gently cleansing formula, and capability to remove dirt from your scalp, this particular shampoo could be the best choice that you can make. Apart from that, with regular use, you can have smooth, dullness free, bouncy, soft, and shiny hair. It has a nice fragrance and helps you retain permed curls for long durations compared to other shampoos.
- This special formula is for permed or curly hair.
- It redefines your curls, detangles and reduces frizz.
- Hydrates your hair and provides required moisture.
- If you are looking to add volume to your color treated hair then this is the best shampoo to go for.
- With regular use you can definitely be able to retain your curls for longer duration.
- Makes your hair shiny and soft.
- Cleanses your scalp efficiently.
- Smells good.
- Affordable price range.
- Might make your hair a bit thin.
- If you own color treated hair, this shampoo might not be perfect for you.
9. Vitamins Keratin Shampoo Hair Treatment:
Vitamins Hair Cosmetics brings to you a wonderful cleansing formula that can be used for permed hair on regular basis. This is one of the best permed hair shampoo that you can buy to get back your radiant shiny look. It removes all the impurities from your scalp and hair while keeping all the essential oils intact. Irrespective of your hair texture you can use this shampoo without any problem at all. Once you start using this particular shampoo, you can get back your silky, shiny, soft hair without a lot of work at all. It’s formulated to maintain your curls and permed hair without damaging them further. It can rejuvenate your hair follicles, keep your scalp dirt-free, and does not create itchiness or irritation at all. It does not contain any type of harsh chemicals that might harm your hair in any way possible. All you get is frizz-free, healthy hair every time you wash your hair.
- Deep cleansing formula.
- Boost hair hydration.
- Reduces split ends and broken hair strands.
- Defrizz your hair.
- Soft, shiny and silky hair.
- Salon like cleansing at home.
- Perfect herbal formula to nourish your hair.
- Comes with keratin protein, argan oil and other essential oils.
- Makes your hair strong and restores pH balance.
- Boosts in hair growth.
- One of the best moisturizing effects for permed hair.
- Advanced formula to restore hydration.
- Rejuvenates your hair follicles and repair split ends efficiently.
- Zero itchiness.
- Repairs your hair strand.
- No sulfate, paraben or any other harsh chemical compounds included in the product.
- Might make your hair thin.
- Might not be suitable for all type of hair.
10. Pacifica Beauty Pineapple Curls Curl Defining Shampoo:
If you have been searching for a shampoo for your permed hair then this particular shampoo from Pacifica could be the best choice for you. It smells like fresh pineapple. Works great for every type of hair and if you have color-treated permed hair, this shampoo works the best. It contains all the natural ingredients your hair needs and most importantly while cleansing, it does not rip the all-important essential oils of your hair. It does not include paraben, sulfate, or petroleum products which is great for your hair.
- Suitable for all types of hair.
- Cruelty free.
- Silicone free.
- 100% vegan products.
- All natural ingredients.
- Light weight shampoo.
- Environment friendly product.
- Difficult to wash out.
- Can make your hair frizzy.
- Strong scent.
- Might not be suitable for thick hair.
What to Consider Before Buying the Best Permed Hair Shampoo?
Finding a shampoo online isn’t a big deal. There are thousands of products from hundreds of popular brands. However, finding the right shampoo is very important. If you want to maintain the bouncy curls, you must focus on finding best permed hair shampoo. The shampoo must not only be good for your hair, but also be suitable for the permanent curls of your chemically-treated hair. In my opinion, a few things are worth considering if you do not want to damage the curls and your hair. Here’s what I prefer checking before I buy a bottle of shampoo:
When buying a bottle of shampoo, make sure that you do check what the shampoo contains. Shampoos with harmful ingredients must be avoided at all costs. So, sulfates and parabens are not the only compounds that you need to avoid. It is best that you avoid shampoos containing synthetic fragrances, phthalates, mineral oil, alcohol, PEG, etc. These chemicals can make your hair dry and frizzy and are extremely bad for your hair and curls. Another chemical that you should avoid is silicone. Although silicone isn’t bad for your hair, it is bad for your curls. Silicone adds weight to your hair, and thus, straightens the curls. So, the best shampoos for permed hair shouldn’t contain silicone even though it may not be harmful for your hair.
No one hair is the same. Naturally, your hair requires personalized care. So, while choosing the best shampoo for permed hair, you have to consider what your hair requires. The first thing that you must focus on is your hair texture. If you have dry, rough hair, your shampoo must have ingredients to make it smooth and manageable. It must have moisturizers that will improve the health of the hair strands so that they feel silky and soft. However, be careful to choose moisturizers that are light and do not make your hair heavy or you will gradually lose the curls. You must also take into account the volume of your hair. If you have thin hair, choose permed hair shampoos that contain ceramides, malic acid, filloxane, etc. to add volume to your hair. Dry scalp needs attention too. If left untreated, it can cause dandruff that can harm your hair.
Apart from leaving out products that contain harmful ingredients, you should also avoid products that contain potential allergens. If you know that you are allergic to a certain chemical or even an organic component, you should avoid all products that contain it, even if it is in traces. The best products for permed hair should not only be good for your curls, but for your scalp as well.
Many of us love the lather that a shampoo creates. It gives us the feeling of our hair being cleansed thoroughly. However, if you have chosen a non-silicone and non-sulfate containing shampoo, be ready to compromise with the lather that your shampoo creates. These shampoos usually do not create much lather, even if you use a lot of it. This is because they generally do not contain the harmful foaming agents or surfactants. However, this doesn’t mean that they do not clean your hair well. So, even if the permed hair shampoo doesn’t create much foam, you mustn’t worry, as long as it cleans all dirt, grim, and buildup.
Have a favorite brand that you like to shop from? Well, it shouldn’t be much problem finding a good permed hair shampoo from a brand that you like. Most popular brands have shampoos for curly, permed hair. In case, you can’t find one that suits your needs, try switching to a different brand. There are many good products available online for all types of hairs and requirements, and you will find one that’s good for your hair as well as your curls.
Before you order yourself a bottle of the best shampoo for permed hair, be sure to look at the price tag. This is not a one-time affair; if the shampoo suits you well, you will need many more bottles of it. So, choose a product that easily fits your budget. There is no need to fall in trap of over-priced products. Price is not the deciding factor when it comes to quality and utility. So, choose a product that’s good and within your budget.
Why Should you Look for the Best Shampoo for Permed Hair?
Chemically treated hair, especially permed hair, must be well taken care of. Use of wrong hair care products will not only damage the beautiful locks that you have meticulously donned but will also damage your hair. As such, you will end up losing the natural shine and beauty of your hair. So, if you want retain the permanent locks that you have just got, you should avoid using shampoos that have high chemical content, especially sulfates and parabens.
Shampoos with parabens and sulfate can make your hair frizzy and damage it inside out. You will not only lose your favorite curls but your hair will become brittle, lack-luster, and prone to breakage. That said, not all moisturizing agents are good for permed hair as they may weigh down the curls. So, it is important that you find a shampoo that contains ingredients like honey, rosemary, olive oil, tapioca, avocado oil, etc. that will take care of your chemically-treated hair and will also maintain your curls.
To make things simpler for you, your permed hair shampoo should ideally be free of harmful chemicals and contain ingredients that are good for your hair without being mushy or heavy. This will help maintain the curls that you have created and also keep your hair healthy.
With the list of the best products for permed curly hair available, choosing one for yourself shouldn’t be a problem. If you know what your hair needs and what you have to avoid, don’t hesitate. Just order one for yourself and you can thank me later!
You May Also Like to Read: