Time has come to know what a world of difference hard water and soft water can make when it comes to hair care. Thus, we have the best shampoos for soft water for people on the Internet wondering how it might change their life. However, one might wonder how water can be soft? The softness and hardness of water determine the amount of calcium, magnesium, and other chemicals present. Soft water has higher levels of sodium, which is why it tastes salty. When it comes to bathing and cleaning, soft water can prove to be quite helpful as it allows the soap to perform well–lit lathers up diligently, leading to less wastage of soap over the due course of time. It may be interesting to know that there are different shampoos based on the type of water you have in your area. Thus, here is a list of the 10 best shampoos for soft hair that you can explore to buy yourself the best-suited shampoo for your hair.
- List of the Best Soft Water Shampoo
- Top 10 Best Shampoo For Soft Water
- 1. Fekkai Apple Cider Shampoo:
- 2. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo:
- 3. WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and Hair Conditioner:
- 4. Biolage Normalising Clean Reset Shampoo:
- 5. Fiora Naturals Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner Set:
- 6. Maple Holistics Shampoo:
- 7. Honeydew Vitamin Shampoo:
- 8. Redken All Soft Shampoo:
- 9. Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo:
- 10. Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner:
- Factors To Consider Before Choosing The Best Shampoo For Soft Water
- Frequently Asked Questions about Soft Water Shampoo?
List of the Best Soft Water Shampoo
Top 10 Best Shampoo For Soft Water
It is a good idea to find out your area’s water quality to understand what type of shampoo suits you and the water quality best. Let us look at the products we have included below to have a clearer idea of the shampoos for soft water.
1. Fekkai Apple Cider Shampoo:
Since you are here on this page, it is clear that you are looking for a shampoo for soft water. Thus, the first shampoo that you should check out is Fekkai Shampoo, which is not just any other shampoo but also apple cider extracts.
Apple cider has immense benefits – for the immune system, hair, skin, and diet. All beauty professionals recommend using a cup of apple cider vinegar after washing one’s hair. Thus, Fekkai incorporates this trick into their shampoo specially formulated for soft water to offer an incredible product. Infused with pear and apple cider smell, this cleansing agent will remove all dirt and grime efficiently to give you a fresh feeling.
Try this shampoo for soft water at weekends as a weekend purifier. This will help you to get rid of any stress that your hair may have been through.
- Apple cider is an excellent conditioner and cleansing agent.
- There is no silicone in the formulation.
- Contains a fragrance of pear and fresh apples.
- Gets rid of fungal growth and allergies.
- Best for soft water.
- It should not be used on dyed hair as the color fades.
- May not work efficiently on oily hair.
2. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo:
Paul Mitchell is a well-known name in the category of shampoos and conditioners. When it comes to hair care products, it is good to trust a trustworthy name. The Awapuhi Shampoo is the perfect solution for all hair types – straight, curly, dyed, or thinning. The formulation has a super refreshing smell of hydrating summer fruits such as cucumber, melons, and soft undertones of water, lily, and violet.
When Paul Mitchell says that the shampoo is meant for all hair types, it is – starting from oily, dry, normal to curly, frizzy, and thinning hair, you can use this shampoo. Even when it comes to color-treated hair, one does not have to worry about the same. The Hawaiian Awapuhi makes sure that the moisture remains intact in the hair and the scalp. Furthermore, the special conditioning agents will help you improve the quality of your hair.
A lesser-known fun fact about this Awapuhi shampoo by Paul Mitchell is that it substitutes as a body wash.
- Contains a special ingredient – the Hawaiian Awapuhi.
- Best-seller in the category for soft water shampoo.
- Suitable for all hair types and kinds.
- Salon-type finishes to hair after washing.
- The smell of cucumber, melons, violets, and water lilies.
- The shampoo may appear to be a bit runny.
- Fragrance may be a bit too strong for some people.
3. WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and Hair Conditioner:
Here is another shampoo and conditioner set with apple cider benefits, among other great ingredients such as avocado oil, virgin coconut oil, and other essential vitamins and minerals. WOW is one brand that has gained quite a bit of popularity of late. This is one product that packs multiple functions in one:
- Damage repair
- Conditioning agent
- Nourishing agent
- Strengthens hair
- Softens strands
This shampoo for soft water users works wonders with soft water to rejuvenate thinning, weak, and damaged hair. The coconut oil, along with avocado oil works together to create stronger and nourishing hair. The essential vitamins and minerals include a long list with Vitamin E, Vitamin B5, and Saw Palmetto to help hair be all the more soft and smooth.
Additionally, this shampoo is hypoallergenic with reduced chances of split ends, breakage, and damage. In case you want more voluptuous hair, you can get that too with this particular product. If you notice the products on any e-commerce website, you will find that this comes in a pack of two, a conditioner and a shampoo. The shampoo is based on apple cider, while the conditioner is based on coconut and avocado. Plus, if you are guessing whether both work with soft water, the answer is: it does!
- The WOW shampoo adds volume to the hair, making it look fuller.
- The foam created is a lot more if you are using soft water.
- Gets rid of all dirt, grime, and another build-up.
- Suits all kinds of hair types and kinds.
- Controls damage, regulates healthy hair, and protects it from further damage.
- Bioactive as well as color-safe in nature.
- The formulation may lead to hair loss in case of repeated use.
- Reported dryness in certain cases.
4. Biolage Normalising Clean Reset Shampoo:
Soft water can be a massive blessing in some cases, and in this case, it is most certainly so. Let us find out why.
Biolage brings a shampoo that is manufactured to attend to the users’ cleaning and nourishing needs and takes utmost care of the environment. We say this as Biolage brings their product at the cost of a Climate Pledge Friendly Agreement. The brand has been certified to produce its products sustainably by committing to a greater cause – saving Mother Earth. The bottle is manufactured in such a way that it is biodegradable. Furthermore, the products remove excess water and air in the packaging, and the shipping is done so that there is a massive reduction in carbon footprint.
Biolage tries to extend their hand in producing environment-friendly products by:
- Smaller packaging
- Less air in the container
- More effective design of the bottle.
- Minimum water usage
- The foaming of this shampoo is extensive in soft water, leaving the hair soft and supple.
- The brand makes sure to make the product highly eco-friendly.
- Efficient design and smart technology to incorporate smart usage of products.
- One of the best shampoos for soft water areas.
- Works best as a daily hair cleanser.
- It is paraben-free, sulfate-free, and no harsh chemicals
- The formulation contains sodium chloride and sodium laurel sulfate.
- The composition may cause some dryness.
5. Fiora Naturals Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner Set:
While looking for the best shampoo to use with soft water, it is a great idea to pick up one that comes with a conditioner. Who does not want the best of both worlds when it comes to self-care products? The Fiora Naturals shampoo is unisex – meaning both men and women are free to make use of the product. People can surely use it on regular hair. However, it is best suited for hair types that have been chemically treated and dyed. Colour treated hair works wonders with this shampoo under soft water.
Using this wonderful soft water shampoo and conditioner, one will be mesmerized by the fragrance of peppermint and lavender – a concoction that is made to wake you up yet calm you down. Apart from being a normal shampoo and conditioner for dyed hair, it has other functions such as strengthening hair, thickening hair, and stopping breakage.
- The shampoo is made for both men and women
- Works wonderfully for color-treated and chemically treated hair.
- Strengthens and nourishes hair shafts.
- Sulphate-free and paraben-free composition.
- Rich in hair growth vitamins, which encourage regrowth of hair.
- The fragrance may be too weak.
- It might cause drying of hair.
6. Maple Holistics Shampoo:
Are you looking for gel-based shampoos that cause soft water hair to look better and stronger? If yes is the answer to the question, then you have found one already. Maple Holistics is a hair product for both men and women. Thus, gone are the days that you have to look for separate products for him and her. The Maple Holistics shampoo works for all types of hair, including color-treated hair.
The formulation includes lemon essential oil, which removes grime and grease from the scalp, while the rosemary jojoba allows hydration and protects the scalp from pollution. It will stop hair loss with the basil and cypress additions in the formula.
- This shampoo by Maple Holistics is made for both men and women.
- Works for all hair types and kinds, including dyed hair.
- Hair with a keratin treatment or other chemicals is protected using this shampoo.
- This product is paraben-free and sulfate-free.
- Moisturises protect and cleans dirt, grime, and dandruff from the scalp.
- The second application of shampoo leads to dryness.
- Fragrance may be a bit too strong or odd.
7. Honeydew Vitamin Shampoo:
In this list of hair products for soft water, the Honeydew Vitamin Shampoo is excellent in its functionality. It is a liquid-based formulation containing anti-fungal and moisturizing properties. The essential oils incorporated into the mixture takes care of hair fall, thinning of hair, dullness and dryness, and dandruff. The antifungal properties are due to the presence of lemon, cypress, and basil. Rosemary leads to control of the production of excessive sebum.
No matter what your hair type is, try this shampoo, and if you are not impressed, the brand Honeydew promises to initiate a full refund.
- Excellent for soft water as it barely takes a lot in quantity to lather up.
- Contains anti-fungal properties to get rid of dandruff and flakiness.
- Gets rid of grime and dust.
- Promotes hair growth by stopping hair fall.
- Barely any fragrance which allows it to be a daily use shampoo.
- Does not work very well on excessively oily hair.
- No fragrance and it may not be an ideal choice for one and all.
8. Redken All Soft Shampoo:
This list of the top ten best soft water shampoos is the ultimate lush soft water shampoo as it provides intense shine with softness. If you are looking for a transformation from dry and brittle hair to a darker, healthier mane, this is the one you should go ahead with. It is necessary to keep in mind that this particular product is meant exclusively for dry and dull hair. The composition comes with argan oil, which aims to soften hair and cure it to the core.
Apart from leaving dry hair in a manageable state, the brand does more than just working as a good shampoo for soft water – it pledges to make its products environment-friendly.
- One of the top brands in the cosmetics and beauty industry.
- Specially made for dry and brittle hair.
- Climate-friendly pledge to make sure that the products are eco-friendly.
- Foams very well under soft water.
- The consistency of the shampoo is said to vary.
- Not meant for all hair types.
9. Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo:
Say goodbye to soft water hair problems with Bumble and Bumble Sunday shampoo. This shampoo is specifically suited for women’s hair types and all hair types. The formulation comes in an 8.5 fluid ounce bottle composed to ensure all dirt, grime, and dust are removed from the scalp. Bumble and Bumble’s shampoo works to restore the health of the hair and deep cleans the scalp.
Additionally, if you have experimented with hair as far as chemicals and colors are considered, this shampoo fits well to give you healthy and happy hair. Try this once a week with soft water to get rid of all hair problems at one goes.
- Suitable for all hair types and kinds.
- Foams very well under soft water.
- Requires use of small quantity being a shampoo for soft water users.
- Cleans the scalp deeply, removing all grime and grease.
- Works well on chemically treated hair and colored hair.
- May does not work for too oily hair.
- Not meant for daily use.
10. Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner:
Pantene is a well-known name in the area of hair care products. When it comes to the best shampoo for softened water, one cannot leave this name out as it comes with soothing rosewater that calms down your nerves and offers great nourishment to the hair. This item is paraben-free as well as sulfate-free, making it safe for use on all hair types.
Customers can either pick the shampoo or the kit of two, which contains a conditioner with shampoo. The Pro-V nutrient blend moisturizes the hair inside out which the gentle formula of the shampoo leaves the hair soft. Freshen up your sense with the fragrance of rose, mint, and lily of the valley.
- A world-known brand name that makes it trustworthy.
- Specially developed for all types of hair.
- It is paraben-free as well as sulfate-free.
- The Pro-V nutrient blend makes sure to keep the hair shafts hydrated.
- Lovely smelling formulation with a hint of lily of the valley rose and mint.
- May does not work well on oily hair.
- Tends to over-moisturize the hair.
Factors To Consider Before Choosing The Best Shampoo For Soft Water
Soft water or hard water shampoo, there are a few constants to keep in mind before you pick the best shampoo for soft water. In soft water, the foam tends to be stubborn if the shampoo is too strong. Thus, consider the factors before you make a purchase.
This is the first and foremost thing everyone should keep in mind while purchasing a shampoo for soft water. The hair type decides the chemical composition of the product. Furthermore, choosing the wrong type of shampoo may lead to irritation and ineffectiveness as well.
Frequency of usage:
A shampoo may either be used as a weekly shampoo or daily shampoo. It makes sense for a daily shampoo to be gentle with more cleaning properties, while a weekly shampoo can have more effectiveness for one-time usage in a week or two. Shampoos that have strong cleansing or deep cleansing properties should not be used as daily shampoo for soft water users.
Chemically treated hair:
This is an extremely important question as it decides the type of shampoo you need for your hair. Look for shampoos that are suitable for all hair types, including color-treated or chemically-treated hair. Chemically treated hair needs special attention, which any shampoo may not be able to provide you with.
Sensitivity or allergy:
Check the list of ingredients on the shampoo to know whether they are safe on your body. If you are not sure, you can test it on a patch of your skin to see if it affects you in any way.
Shampoo for soft water is not very challenging to find. No matter what you purchase, make sure to get shampoos that are gentle with soothing properties.
Frequently Asked Questions about Soft Water Shampoo?
Q. How does soft water affect the hair?
Ans. Soft water is often a blessing for human hair as it can penetrate the hair shafts well to provide deeper nourishment. Furthermore, the shampoo tends to lather up a lot more in soft water than hard water.
Q. How to go ahead to make sure no residue of shampoo is left behind?
Ans. Washing hair can be difficult with soft water. Thus, make sure to use a cup of vinegar and water to wash down the residue from shampoo. Additionally, the lemon juice or vinegar will make your hair look all the shinier.
Q. Can we use soft water shampoos on all hair types?
Ans. The best idea is to look for the instructions on the shampoo bottle label. They have the hair type, usage guidance, as well as the ingredients mentioned in it. Soft water shampoos are usually gentle as they act in combination with water that is gentle. Thus, they can ideally be used on all hair types. Some soft water shampoos may show results with difficulty in hair types that is too oily.
Q. Why are sulfates added in shampoos, and how do they act under soft water?
Ans. Sulfates work as excellent cleansing agents. They are found in all soaps and detergents; in shampoos, they are added to increase the product’s cleansing properties. Sulfates increase the potential of the shampoo to drive out dust, grime, and dirt. However, sulfates can be extremely harmful to the hair, so people look for sulfate-free shampoos. As soft water finds it difficult to get rid of too much lather, it may be a task to clean out hair well enough when using a shampoo with sulfates in them.
Soft water can be a boon for most people as it allows better washing of the hair and the body. You can look for shampoos best suited for soft water in the market. This guide will help you get a general idea of what shampoos for soft water is like. However, you can surely take our recommendation to place an order and try it out.
You May Also Like to Read: