Lightening your hair will no more be a hassle if you can acquire the proper knowledge of doing it. I was also unknown about it and tried a lot of flawed methods to do it on my own hair.
But, when I conducted good research on it, I found that hydrogen peroxide is a beneficial component for hair lightening. Are you wondering how to lighten your hair with peroxide and shampoo? Scroll down to get a step-by-step guide.
Follow the Steps to Lighten Hair with Peroxide & Shampoo
This is a home dying or bleaching process which you have to get done with DIY methods. It is essential to keep certain things in mind before you begin the process.
Many experts say that using DIY methods can lead to hair damage which can be very serious in the long run. But, you can make it possible if you be a bit more cautious and patient of course!
1. Get Your Hair Ready for It:
Always remember that a dye or bleach will never stay on damaged hair. Even if you had an old dye on your hair, it can affect the result of a fresh bleach.
When you wish to lighten your hair, the first step that you need to take is to prepare your hair accordingly. Ensure that your hair is not damaged or dull.
The dye will never sit on hair that is weak from the root. Follow the below-mentioned steps and get natural-looking strong hair within few weeks. Once you get that, you will apply the next step.
- Use an organic shampoo for few weeks. Do not use shampoo or conditioner that has a lot of chemicals in it. These harmful chemicals can lead to dull and damaged hair along with a lot of split ends.
- Don’t apply hair dryer or blower for a month before you wish to lighten your hair. This can be a very dangerous thing for your hair. Let them dry naturally to bring out that shine.
- Try to use some home ingredients to get a natural and glowing hair. You can use a mixture of 1 egg, 2 tablespoon of yogurt and honey and apply this pack once a week.
2. Get All Your Supplies Handy:
If you want to bleach your hair using peroxide & shampoo, you have to keep some of the supplies handy. Once the big day arrives, make sure you have everything near you while you begin with the process.
- A solution of hydrogen peroxide where the content should be 3% and not more.
- A spray bottle- make sure it is empty and totally clean
- Cotton balls
- Hair clips
- Aluminum foil
- Shower cap
3. Shampoo and Condition Your Hair:
This you should must do if you want to lighten your hair. Many sites often skip this step while answering how to lighten your hair with peroxide. But, this is one of the essential steps you should not ignore.
- Clean your hair with a shampoo
- Condition it well and make sure you have dried the excess water
4. Start the Application Process:
Now it is the high time you start applying the peroxide solution. However, before applying to the entire hair, try starting it with a particular hair strand to see whether it’s working.
- Select one strand and apply the solution
- Apply it with a cotton ball
- Do not forget to wear gloves
5. Section the Rest of the Hair using Hair Clips:
Sectioning will help to apply the solution systematically. Make sure you fix the hair with your clips and do not mix one section with another.
- Take few drops of peroxide on a cotton ball
- Apply it on one section
- Cover the area with aluminum foil
- Follow the same pattern in rest of the section
This is the easiest way to do it. Do not get anxious when you wonder how to lighten your hair with peroxide.
6. Use Spray Bottle to Apply on Entire Hair:
If you wish to get a global lightening of your hair, you have to use the spray bottle to get it done.
- Apply the solution all over your hair using the spray bottle
- Cover your hair with the shower cap
7. Leave for 30 Minutes and Wash:
Once the application is done, leave your hair for 30 minutes. After that, wash your hair with cold water (do not use shampoo) and then apply conditioner to get that perfect colored look.
Lightening Hair with Shampoo is also Possible
It may seem to be impossible to you, but, believe it or not, shampoo and peroxide can also help you lighten your hair. If you are thinking about how to lighten your hair with shampoo, keep reading.
If you want to lighten your hair using shampoo, you have to be a bit choosy about the ingredient. Using natural and organic shampoo will help in keeping your hair moisturized and damage-free.
Pay Heed to Lemon & Honey:
When you choose a shampoo for lightening your hair, going for lemon and honey shampoo is worthy. It has been found that both lemon and honey have ingredient and nutrients that are effective in lightening the hair naturally.
However, the result will not be as magical as putting peroxide. In the long run, your hair will lighten naturally.
Do not Forget to Use a Good Conditioner:
If you want to ask me ‘how to lighten your hair with shampoo’, I would say that it ought to be complemented with a conditioner as well.
An organic shampoo followed by a mild organic conditioner is not only healthy for your hair but also gives a glowing and natural look to it.
Go for Bleach Shampoo:
According to a lot of hair experts, using a mild bleach shampoo is very helpful for lightening your hair.
If you find it too tiring to put peroxide on your hair by getting all the supplies handy, use this shampoo followed by a conditioner. This will give you the result you always desired.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar in Your Shampoo:
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the most useful ingredient for your hair. It has some unique features that make your hair healthy from within.
Many hair experts say that mixing apple cider vinegar in your regular shampoo can lighten your hair from the root. Apart from that, it can also prevent hair loss and untimely graying of your hair.
Mix a Saltwater Solution to Your Shampoo:
When you mix a spoon of saltwater to your and use it, you can work on the bleach areas and lighten them with time.
You can also mix a water and salt solution in a spray bottle and use it on your bleached area just before doing shampoo. This will also give you an effective result.
The Take-Away Words
Now as you know how to lighten your hair with peroxide and shampoo, set a goal now. However, you have to remember that using peroxide for lightening your hair and using shampoo will not give you similar results.
Therefore, you have to choose whether you need a quick solution or a long-lasting and natural one. Get ready with your goal and go for it. Do not forget to share your experience and thoughts with us in the comment section below.
- 1 Follow the Steps to Lighten Hair with Peroxide & Shampoo
- 2 Lightening Hair with Shampoo is also Possible
- 3 The Take-Away Words